Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an Estimator looking for an opportunity to expand your skills and grow within the mining industry. As Estimator, you will work with minimal direction/guidance to prepare the estimate package in relation to quantity take offs, sub trade solicitation, preparing budgets, cost studies, and competitive bid comparisons.
Come join our team in Reno, Nevada! Responsibilities
- Supervises the solicitation of trades regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings.
- Supervises quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team and includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation.
- Analyzes plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare bid estimates for projects, performs complete estimates on selected projects consisting of project site visit, quantity take-off, pricing, and presentation of the estimate for management review.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems and shares expertise with the estimating team in an ongoing effort to develop, recommend revisions and implement procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Evaluates and presents or supports the presentation of estimate proposals.
- Interfaces and communicates effectively (written and oral) with the estimating team, with all levels of management, clients and industry contacts; contacts and develops business relationships with subcontractors and suppliers for pricing within estimates inthe U.S
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must have2-5 years' estimating experience in Mining and Heavy Civil industries
- Completion of post-secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating or Engineering is required
- Technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment
- Understanding of construction documents, contract language, legal requirements and the ability to assist construction document review.
- Experience working with HCCS; strong computer background including experience with MS Office and Heavy Bid estimating software
- An understanding of construction costs and documents and the ability to assess the level of completeness and develop a project schedule
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure, problem solve and work in a team environment and while promoting teamwork by motivating, coaching and guiding others
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security