Full Time Temporary Job Summary
As a resident of Fort McMurray you take pride in contributing to the success of the Alberta oil sands. You are an equipment operator who executes muskeg removal, land reclamation, dike, dam and berm construction and industrial site preparation to complete scope in a high safety and quality standard.
Join the Ledcor Civil team in Fort McMurray today!Responsibilities
- Must have experience operating the following equipment in heavy industrial environments:
- Dozer - CAT D6, D8, D10
- Truck- CAT 777
- Grader - CAT 16M
- Excavator - John Deer 450
- Shovel - Komatsu PC1200, PC2000
- Conduct pre-trip/walk-around safety inspections and completes daily Field Level Hazard Assessments, logs and reports any maintenance concerns with the equipment
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 years' experience in industrial tailings maintenance or reclamation setting
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must possess valid CSTS .09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Must possess valid OSSA Regional Orientation or Basic Safety Orientation certificate
- Must possess and maintain a clean driver's abstract and valid Class 5 driver's license
- Non local residents will be eligible for camp accommodations and rotational travel allowance
- Daily bus transportation from the city of Fort McMurray to the project site and return will be provided
- 20/10 shift rotation working 10-12 hours per day
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be outdoors in rough terrain and under extreme weather conditions
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!