You are an experienced Heavy Equipment Technician or Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic, who enjoys working with your hands. You take pride in your work and look for a company who aligns with your values in terms of safety, quality of work, integrity and success. You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing road maintenance and paving equipment for various highway maintenance sites.
Join the Ledcor Highways team in Hinton, AB!Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and repair of earthmoving and paving equipment such as John Deere loaders, and Western Star and Cat Plow/Sanding trucks
- Engage and participate in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Write service reports
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Perform breakdown repairs on mostly engine and powertrain, including some electrical hydraulic and undercarriage
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be an Interprovincial Red Seal or Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic or a registered apprentice from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a valid CVIP license or willing to obtain one
- Must possess a valid driver's license and provide a valid driver's abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must be available to respond to repair callouts
- Applicants that reside in Hinton or the surrounding area will be given preference due to the location of this project
- 5/2 shift rotation working 10 - 12 hour days
- Substantial overtime work is expected
- Service truck provided for occasional field work
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will primarily be conducted in various shop environments, with occasional work outside in various weather conditions
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!