Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Human Resources Business Partner with at least 2 years of experience working in a large, corporate environment. You will support one of Ledcor's newest and most diverse businesses with a wide range of operational, generalist HR responsibilities. As the HRBP, you will provide leadership and direction to divisional managers and employees in our Ledcor Resources and Transportation (LRT) group, while identifying and adding value to new and existing services.
This role will require travel to divisional offices and sites within Western Canada and the North, providing regular, service-oriented support to business leaders and staff.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team.
If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team. Join Ledcor's talented Human Resources team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Assess short and long-term business needs of the client group and provides both operational and generalist HR leadership and support to the business
- Collaborate and work proactively with business unit leaders to identify key issues impacting operational goals, and offer strategic solutions
- Provide guidance and assistance to salaried employees and managers on a wide range of human resource issues, including employee relations, conflict resolution, performance and compensation management, employee retention and engagement, harassment investigation, sick leave and return-to-work management, reductions in workforce, and HR policies and programs
- Collaborate with Ledcor's HR team on new initiatives, and leverage team expertise in delivering and implementing functional initiatives to the client group
- Communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and roll-outs at the divisional and site level
- Actively participate in HR project work, such as development of new human resources strategies for specific divisions or the organization as a whole
- 2 or more years of solid, professional-level generalist human resources experience, ideally in a Business Partner role
- Proven experience advising and collaborating with operational business leaders in a consultative capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, or equivalent
- Previous experience with start-ups and/or high growth companies preferred; familiarity with acquisitions and business integrations would be an asset
- Experience developing and implementing business solutions in medium to large, complex environment
- Solid understanding of applicable employment and human rights legislation
- Experience working in a Federally regulated industry would be a distinct asset
- Proven skills in coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management
- Ability to utilize effective influencing strategies to build respect and trust with business leaders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on dynamic business demands and requirements
- Effective and persuasive oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Requirestravel within Western Canada and the North (10-15%)
- This is a6 month contract opportunity
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!