You are a seasoned senior construction professional with over 15 years' experience successfully leading high performing teams, cultivating and directing short and long term strategic initiatives, and building successful long-term relationships with external clients and consultants.
Reporting to the General Manager - Infrastructure, you will be responsible for both the strategic and day to day business leadership, safety, quality, and profit loss management of projects in ourToronto branch while ensuring corporate objectives are met.
You as our OperationsManager -Infrastructure Constructionwillprovide operational direction and oversight to Superintendents and other project staff in both the field and the office and act as a key on-site liaison with client representatives, subcontractors and suppliers.
You will beresponsible for day to day operations and long term planning while ensuring appropriate staffing levels, managing equipment resources and providing supervision and guidance to site employees.
Join our growing, dynamic team in Toronto, ON,in a senior leadership position.Responsibilities
- Oversees and manages multiple project teams to ensure the successful delivery of complex infrastructure and transportation construction projects to completion. This includes directing the day to day activities of project teams to attain project milestones and goals
- Manages, and is accountable for, costs and profitability of projects through the development of financial and operational objectives
- Assists in or develops the operating budget by reviewing work requirements, schedules and costs reports to ensure the branch meets or exceeds defined targets, schedules and budgets
- Promotes and works collaboratively with safety personnel regarding the overall site safety program including subcontractor compliance with Ledcor standards, the Project Specific Safety Plan (PSSP), and all applicable Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) acts, regulations& codes
- Establishes project plan for designated branch projects, in conjunction with project team, by defining scope of work and deliverables
- Provides expertise in construction planning and scheduling across a number of key projects by collaboratively working with project teams to identify sequence of key construction activities
- Ensures all projects follow Ledcor's construction operations manual and Construction Quality Program for consistent process and procedures
- Mentors, guides and coaches direct reports to expand their capabilities by adhering to human resources processes and procedures involving: on-boarding, performance management reviews, recruitment activities, training, succession planning, transfers, promotions and salary increases
- Visits project sites regularly to ensure all projects are well executed in accordance with corporate goals and contractual requirements
- Maintains strong relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met and ensure future business opportunities
- Establishes a culture of proactive business development through client, consultant, subcontractors, supplier and trade relationship building, industry specific networking and community involvement while building the Ledcor local and national brand
Work Conditions This role will have a combination of both office and fieldwork at multiple locationsaround the Ontario market.This role's hours will be based on our construction project life-cyclesMust have and maintain a validdriver's licenseSuccessful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- You have 10+ years related work experience as a Project Manager, General Superintendent, Operations Manager or in a similar leadership role with a proven history of successfully building andleading high-performing teams as well as building solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants
- You have, ideally, completed some formof post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or a related discipline
- You have maintained strong client sector relationships within local rail and infrastructure construction marketplace
- You're able to understand and achieve fiscal targets and scope of work with proven success in forecasting and managing budgets and minimizing risk implications in client and sub contracts
- Ability to act as afacilitator and skilled arbitrator with multiple stakeholders (including executive level management) in extremely complex or critical situations and ensure business outcomes are achieved
- Superior communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with senior management
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction practices, documents, drawings, schedules, technologies, equipment, industry practices and contract negotiations
- Developed expertise and skill in the areas of marketing, business development and client relationships leading to repeat business and referrals
- You have the ability and the desire to grow, coach and develop a teamthrough constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development
- You anticipateproblems and challenges, and provides leadership in creating innovative, proactive solutions
Ledcor Civil Constructors builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, rail,earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!