You are an experienced Front-End Piling Lead hand looking for an exciting opportunity to work on our Calgary Ring Road project. You have experience leading and working with piling crews. You have the experience required to safely and successfully install piles per project specifications and Ledcor's policies. You look for a company who is safety driven as that is one of your personal top priorities while working on a job.
Join the Ledcor Foundations team in Calgary, AB!Responsibilities
- Ensure all safety standards and procedures are being followed throughout the piling crew
- Ensure all quality standards and procedures are being followed throughout the driving process at each piling location
- Ability to understand direction clearly from site supervision and give clear direction to the piling crew
- Ability to lead and conduct daily toolbox talks and the complete required daily paperwork
- Ensure all piling equipment is running optimally and continuously perform visual checks on the piling rig and gear throughout the pile driving process
- Ensure piles are installed in the correct orientation and batter angle
- Perform pre-operation inspections on multiple pieces of equipment (lightplants, heaters, manlifts, etc.)
- Rigging and hoisting (including rigging inspection) for h-piles and pipe piles using a suitcase lifting device
- Ability to look ahead at the upcoming work and able to coordinate resources and materials ahead of time
- Ability to lead a piling crew with minimal supervision
- Must possess valid CSTS 09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- AWP and Fall Arrest training tickets will be preferred
- Must be able to efficiently and effectively communicate with the piling crew and site supervision
- Must be experienced with piling equipment and the different techniques to perform pile driving safely and effectively
- Must be punctual and good with time management
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Monday - Friday, day shift working 10-12 hours per day. May work Saturdays as required
- Preference will be given to local candidates, due to the location of the project
- Work through winter will be required
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!