You are a Safety Coordinator who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader.
In this role, you will be based in Ontario and will work on a long term telecommunications project in various communities throughout Ontario.
Join Ledcor's Technical Services team today.Responsibilities
- Provides independent advice to project management and supervisors on safety practices and ensures compliance with the LTS HS&E program
- Works closely with operations to conduct detailed fact based investigations and deliver corrective actions
- Supports the LTS Subcontractor HS&E Prequalification Process
- Conducts project specific HS&E orientations as required
- Conducts field audits and worksite inspections to support best practice and compliance objectives in the field, as well as various warehouse, yard, and office locations
- Collects and reviews completed HS&E field based forms from LTS and subcontractor crews. Provide reports to project managers on compliance and quality
- Works with operations to develop and enhance Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Has an understanding of all site, BU or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor "Leading Indicator" requirements
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation, preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, maintenance of files and databases for necessary reporting metrics
- Interface and communicate (written and oral) with all levels of project management, client representatives, and subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to management and co-workers within each department while providing staff relief as directed
- May have the opportunity to coach and mentor other coordinators
- Booking and organization of safety training and preparation of materials, as well as delivering internal safety training to management, supervisors, and workers as required
- Support the coordination, organization, and delivery of project safety meetings
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience is preferred
- Telecommunications, civil or construction field experience an asset but not required
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Capable of proactively participating in discussions, asking questions, ensuring understanding and provides explanations clearly and precisely
- Willingness to work co-operatively with others to achieve team goals and objectives
- Willingness to travel to various communities throughout Ontario will be required
- This position is largely field based with 60-70% of the time spent in the field
- Applicants that reside in Ontario (particularly Mississauga) will be given preference due to the location of this project
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!