You are an experienced Contracts Specialist seeking an opportunity to leverage your skills within a large, diversified company. The Contracts Specialist is responsible for reviewing, negotiating, drafting and interpreting contracts within Ledcor's Resources and Transportation Group, with the objective of identifying and mitigating business and contracting risks.
Join the dynamic and professional contracts team for a 1 year opportunity in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Draft and review contracts and associated documents
- Identify and discuss contracting and commercial risks and implications with project managers, and senior executives
- Recommend alternative or additional contract wording to mitigate, contain and/or transfer risk exposures and address contingencies
- Provide guidance and support to project management in negotiations leading to the finalization of contracts and sub-contracts
- Ensure that negotiation, execution and administration of all contracts is compliant with Ledcor's Contractual Risk Management Policy
- Handle day-to-day questions regarding contracts, while identifying and proposing solutions to address associated issues and risks
- Report to the Legal team on contracting and risk issues where significant legal implications arise from the contracting process, and provide assistance as required
- A minimum of 5 years of contracts management experience, preferably within the Marine and/or Aviation industry
- Law degree would be a significant asset, but not required
- Experience with aviation and marine contract reviewing, drafting and negotiation
- Familiarity with risks inherent within the industry
- Ability to identify relevant issues resulting from contract wording and terms
- Understanding of contract terminology, practices (including drafting principles) and concepts
- Business acumen, sound judgment, and solid negotiation skills
- Strong drafting skills, with the proven ability to identify appropriate contract wording
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with concurrent tasks for multiple project teams within different business units
- Proactive, self-motivated and results oriented
- Office based position
- Temporary, full time opportunity
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!