You are an experienced Grader Operator, with a clear understanding of log and cant species within the forest industry. You will be responsible for grading all incoming wood for sawmill specifications and performing other general sawmill activities and tasks.
Join our True Blue team in Chilliwack, BC!Responsibilities
- Operate the Lumber Grading station to ensure a continuous flow of wood from the Lumber Grading station to the J-Bar andgreen chain
- Maintain lumber grading to company and NLGA standards
- Organize and grade wood products to the required specification
- Inspect all gradedlumber to ensure correct position and grading
- Straighten lumber on transfers as required and ensure only one board per lug going through trim saw
- Clear jam-ups from the Lumber Grading station and assist others clear jam-ups as required
- Communicate with other employees in sawmill production regarding current requirements and incoming inventory
- Meet productivity goals in a safe and consistent manner
- Comply with all task-specific safety requirements, help ensure site equipment is serviced, maintained and operated safely, and inform supervisor of any associated hazards
- May perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Must possess NLGA grading ticket
- Must have experience in sawmill industry - handling, sorting and processing logs required
- Must have a clear understanding of log and cant specifications (species, grades, and diameter sorts) required
- Must have a clear understanding of grading requirements for designated species.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and respond to challenges faced in sawmill production
- Must be organized, an effective communicator, quick and accurate thinker and detail orientated in all aspects of the job
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination
- In good physical condition suited for repetitious lifting
- Must have the ability to make clear legible grade marks in a fast paced environment.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug & alcohol testing
- Working outdoors and in various weather conditions
- Working all shifts (Days and Night)
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!