You are a Business Installation and Repair Technician with 2-5 years' experience looking to build your career with Ledcor Technical Services. You will be responsible for the set up and maintenance of telecommunication services including internet, video services, copper, fiber, inside wire, router installation and rack mounted telco equipment. You will work in customers' businesses and huts providing exceptional customer service and quality work.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services Team in New York, NY today!Responsibilities
- Provide high level customer service, ensuring that any escalations or concerns are addressed professionally
- Drive to and from business customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation and repair of internet, copper and fiber cabling, rack mounted routers, demarcation extensions, etc.
- Receive and complete work orders from a centralized dispatch centre ensuring that routes are efficient and that service is delivered in a timely manner
- Operate equipment and vehicle in a safe manner, ensuring adherence to Ledcor's safety program
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues such as install cable runs, swap out cards, install data circuits for internet connections
- Trace and locate appropriate telecommunications links, which could involve working in confined spaces (attics and crawl spaces) and climbing ladders
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Utilize a laptop computer and various software applications
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-5 years previous experience in telecommunications, business installation and service for electronics and appliances, security, cabling
- Degree or diploma from a technical college an asset
- Strong MS Office skills in Word & Excel
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-Motivated and able to prioritize and organize work-loads with little direction
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Evening and weekend work may be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security