Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an IT Manager in Strategic Technical Services who is a proven effective leader with a deep and broad understanding of Information Technology. You will be responsible for providing leadership in managing the technology performance of Information Technology and guiding and growing a leading-edge team. You will also focus on effective planning, analysis and reporting of IT performance and the value created for Ledcor's businesses, as well as the delivery of stable, scalable and responsive technology services, and associated risks. Responsibilities
- Provides leadership for the IT technology analyst team and is involved in the team's strategic direction.
- Ensures technology initiatives are aligned with strategic direction and business objectives by setting priorities, coordinating projects and resources, and reporting activities for the group while driving best practices to maximize technology's potential.
- Oversees analysis and evaluation of current and proposed technology-related solutions that address business initiatives.
- Involved in the development of enterprise-wide technology roadmaps, processes and standards, ensuring all technologies work effectively together to provide stable production, testing, and development environments.
- Manages and maintains BTS systems and related infrastructure including the configuration, deployment, and upgrade of hardware, software, tools, standards and processes.
- Develops baseline measurements of services and oversees the standard monitoring and reporting of those services.
- Motivates and directs a team of technical specialists through utilization of the performance management process, personal development process, and ongoing coaching and mentoring to ensure the ongoing maintenance and development of required skills and behaviors.
- Recognizes and rewards superior team performance and communicates successes for the purpose of shared learning.
- Provides input and support the development of LIS strategies that reflect Ledcor's strategies for the enterprise, and for individual business units.
- Ensures that service delivery and customer satisfaction exceed published service levels and coordinates escalation of issues as required.
- Provides leadership in leveraging technologies, processes, and disciplines for delivering best-in-class methods.
- Involved in developing and managing departmental budget.
- In-depth understanding of databases, networking, Windows systems administration, Linux, and virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of and exposure to ITIL and COBIT required.
- Understanding of ERP software tools such as JD Edwards would be considered highly desirable.
- At least 7 - 10 years of experience in the Information Technology Services industry, with a minimum of 3 years of experience as an Information Systems Manager or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related equivalent.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to embrace and lead change.
- Effective relationship management and communication skills, with demonstrated success dealing effectively with customers, vendors, peers and senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accompanied by proven presentation skills in a corporate setting.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching and development, with ability to manage teams both virtually and locally.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Proven experience in overseeing large, diverse projects and accompanying budgets.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
This is an office based role with expectation of potential travel to various offices and project sites throughout North America.
Our Information Services (IS) team ensures our teams stay connected to each other and have access to technology that supports the growing demands of our business. With services ranging from technical support to software development and enterprise systems management, our IS team supports all of Ledcor's technology needs. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!