You are an experienced Business Telecommunication Technician. You will utilize your experience working with telecommunication systems to maintain telecommunication services for commercial customers. You are also responsible for the installation of voice, internet, business TV and configuration of subscriber equipment such as VOIP phone systems, switches and routers. You enjoy providing a best-in-class approach to customer service.
Join Ledcor in Fort McMurray today!Responsibilities
- Installation of voice, internet (static or dynamic), VOIP phones, Business TV or overline services into existing commercial businesses
- Complete structured wiring as required
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are created and completed as per their expectations
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Diploma for Telecommunications Technician or equivalent hands on job experience (1 year minimum)
- Previous work experience in copper telecommunications including outside plant support
- Good knowledge of data/voice technology (routers, firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Experience installing/configuring VOIP systems an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity and sincerity.
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in the Fort McMurray region
- Travel to customer sites project locations in BC and Alberta will be required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!