You are a process-driven Technical Writer seeking an opportunity to support business operations through documenting processes and procedures. As the Technical Writer you will collaborate with subject matter experts to gather information and clarify document contents. You will also be responsible for file maintenance, administration of and updates to the Core Management System (SharePoint site). As a key member of the Core Management System (CMS) team you will play an important part interfacing between operations groups.
Join our Core Management System team in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Documents standard operating procedures and develops forms by gathering information and collaborating with business subject matter experts. Generates and manages documents and publishes to Core Management System (SharePoint) for internal access. Liaises with business leadership to scope and prioritize documentation support requirements.
- Identifies process and procedure improvements or system enhancements, assisting with related implementation and communication.
- Coordinates feedback and continuous CMS improvement, including updates to existing content. Provides periodic updates and edits to the SharePoint environment.
- Tracks, updates, and reports system use statistics on a periodic and ad hoc basis to CMS Team and Senior Leaders to provides insights for strategy or system updates.
- Uses content management systems, and other web enabled applications to organize files and procedures.
- Reviews documents and corrects errors in content and grammar, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
- 3-5 years of experience in business process or similar field and technical writing.
- Post secondary diploma or degree.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships with internal staff.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to write effectively and present information to different audiences.
- Customer service focused and a team player.
- Strong attention to detail and processed focused.
- Knowledge of construction would be an asset.
- Office based role.
- 10-20% travel required to Canada or the US.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!