Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are at a Director Level within shallow utilities with a minimum of 8-10 years of progressive and successful construction leadership experience with exposure to budgetary responsibility and business development.
You have experience working in Telecommunications (Outside Plant (OSP) Construction) of a Fibre-Optic Network, or other underground utilities projects.
You are as comfortable AND credible in a pair of work-boots on a jobsite as you are presenting a budget, in a boardroom, to a group of executives.
If this is You, we need to talk. You will be an integral part of the senior leadership team, building and overseeing crews while driving business excellence across Western Canada.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Edmonton, AB, today!Responsibilities
- Direct day to day OSP construction operations and manage multiple teams and projects
- Overall responsibility of Profit and Loss for OSP construction
- Project lead in developing and advancing existing long term relationships with client
- Manage an Outside Plant team as required for safety, quality and development
- Owns overall outside plant performance of the fiber optic network including maintenance, repair, re-locates, pole attachments, underground call before you dig locates and splicing of dark fiber for new locations
- Meets with client as required to review any problem areas with outside plant and work to facilitate solutions
- 10+ years of experience in leading OSP construction delivery or similar civil construction work in a customer facing role
- 5+ years of experience preferably in FTTX construction and installation related projects or equivalent civil related construction work
- Completion of post-secondary education in Business, Construction Sciences, Engineering or another related field
- Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills, with highly refined presentation skills
- Strong level of initiativewith excellent organizational and planning skillsplus the ability to juggle multiple priorities successfully
- Ability to appreciate the big picture corporately, but also be highly detailed when required to achieve optimal results
- Provencustomer service, team mentality, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with the ability to deal with constant change
- Complete understanding of fiber optic networks including aerial and underground construction, splicing, permitting
- Superior interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point and Visio
This is an office based position that will require regular travel to various project sites and office locations.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted