Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Project Controls Specialist with 5+ years of experience, ideally working within Telecommunications or Outside Plant construction. You're an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for managing the schedule, setup, tracking and reporting of quantities and productivities, costs (analysis and reporting on variances), change management and jobsite engineering. In addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services Team in Elmhurst, IL today! Responsibilities
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes
- Assists the General Superintendents in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan; review progress of the plan regularly and make adjustments accordingly
- Assists the Contracts Manager in reviewing and managing the Prime Contract; ensure compliance with programs and that proper processes are in place
- Set up the project Control Budget and responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress of schedule and productivity vs. budget. Perform budget updates as required
- Implement Ledcor systems and procedures including progress draws for project billings and the cost accounting system at project start-up and maintain throughout the project
- Participates in the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Organize and oversee project close-out; ensure warranties and O&M manuals are collected, turnover documents are created and submitted and assist in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- Assists with the subcontract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; oversee with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims and assists with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manage the change order process by estimating and securing pricing, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administer the change management process accordingly
- 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. Experience with Outside Plant construction projects is an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices, methodology and regulatory codes
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions to meet the construction plan and schedule
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Strong MS Office computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; familiar with scheduling software Primavera is an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security