Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Project Engineer with 1-3 years of experience working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction projects. You are an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the project manager. In addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control.
Diversify your experience. Build your talent. Join the Ledcor Building team in Bellevue, WA.Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain Ledcor systems and procedures at project start-up including: job site trailer/office set up and master filing system; assists with the set up of project billings and the cost accounting system; creates and maintains the project directory
- Perform general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes, tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines, maintenance of files, logs, drawings and specifications
- Support the (sub) contract management process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials; assistance with the review and processing of invoices and progress claims, and assistance with the review of documents and inquiries
- Manage the change order process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data and submitting the change request to the owner/consultant for approval. Administers the change management process accordingly
- Facilitate the tracking of project milestones and financial deadlines; assistance with the creation of the project schedule; inputs and updates schedule throughout the project and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Facilitate the review and distribution of drawings by following up with the trades/consultants; maintains the drawing log and drawing/sample transmittals
- Coordinate the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Prepare purchase requisitions for approval and assists with procurement of materials and equipment
- Organize project close-out by preparing warranty package and requirements; collecting warranties and O&M manuals; creating turnover documents and assisting in demobilizing the site and archiving documentation
- May perform other related duties as required
- Working towards or completed post secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience
- Experience and familiarity with commercial construction methodology and practices in a general contracting environment
- Able to read and understand construction documents
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, and scheduling software
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Knowledge of office processes: project set up; subcontract management; change orders; RFIs (request for information); lien holdbacks; closeout
- Capable of responding to standard internal or external Client requests
- Ability to solve problems based on clearly defined procedures
- Capable of proactively participating in discussions, asking questions, ensuring understanding and provides explanations clearly and precisely
- Willingness to works co-operatively with others to achieve team goals and objectives
- You will be required to travel to various project locations and offices
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Building Construction USADate Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security