Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced journeyperson electrician, instrumentation and/or a dual ticketed journeyperson with significant industrial commissioning experience. Previous mining experience will also be an asset. You will be working with a small team for the commissioning/start-up of the Accelerated De-Watering Plant for the Tailings process. Duties to include commissioning of electrical, instrumentation, control, hydraulic devices and components at the Suncor Base Plant Site. You are a confident leader, who is willing to teach others. You possess strong maintenance, troubleshooting skills, job packet creation, pre-planning and communication skills along with above average computer skills. This is 3-6 month opportunity that may lead into a long term maintenance role. Local candidates to Fort McMurray are preferred, however we will consider applicants from across Alberta and B.C.
Join the Ledcor Site Services Maintenance team in Fort McMurray, AB now! Responsibilities
- Develop testing and troubleshooting check sheets
- Reads and interprets electrical, mechanical, and architectural drawings and electrical code specifications
- Inspecting, Calibrating, Testing and Troubleshooting problems
- Ongoing action on remaining Deficiency List items
- Rotation checks - coupling/uncoupling (bumping).
- Stroking - checking operability of control valves to full open/close
- Circulation testing - checking for baseline motor (uncoupled and coupled)
- Verifying the proper operation of lubrication oil systems
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Must have a Journeyperson Electrician or Instrumentation Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have strong computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP notifications, work order cycle and Live link is an asset
- Must possess strong pre-planning and job packet skills - Packets to include maintenance manuals, check sheets, P&ID's, Data sheets, loop, schematic and single line drawings.
- Must be familiar with reading through a maintenance manual, developing a maintenance procedure and check sheets if required. Previous PM, PdM, maintenance strategy and reliability knowledge is an asset
- Must have experience in start-up or commissioning
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous electrical, instrument or automation experience in an industrial setting
- Must possess a valid CSTS 09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Must complete OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) Regional Orientation and WHMIS
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in Fort McMurray, Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project.
- 24 days on and 4 days off rotation during commissioning phase (April - May)
- 10 days on and 4 days off shift rotations for maintenance phase (May onwards)
- Potential for 5 days on and 2 days off or 7 days on and 7 days off rotation for maintenance off shift rotation
- No camp is provided
- No travel compensation provided
- $5.00 an hour up to $50.00 a day will be provided as a local living premium
- Work will be both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Travel to other sites around Alberta may be necessary
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Site Services offers a unique set of maintenance services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From tailings pipeline construction and maintenance to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!