Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are an experienced Journeyperson Millwright with industrial commissioning and hydraulic experience. You will be responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment and components at the Suncor Base Plant Site. This is 3-6 month opportunity that may lead into a long term role. Local candidates to Fort McMurray are preferred however we will consider applicants from across Alberta and B.C.
Join the Ledcor Site Services Maintenance team in Fort McMurray, AB now! Responsibilities
- Performance testing and final acceptance of equipment or facilities (travel maybe required)
- Ongoing action on remaining Deficiency List items
- Any alternate safing/isolation(s) including blanking/blinding
- Flagging, tagging
- Hydrostatic testing/witness - pressure testing with water and/or water/glycol.
- Rotation checks - coupling/uncoupling (bumping).
- Stroking - checking operability of control valves to full open/close
- Circulation testing - checking for baseline motor (uncoupled and coupled)
- Proper operation of lubrication oil systems
- Equipment alignment validation and recheck
- Flushing of lube/seal oil systems
- Adjust seals/packings
- Attend walk downs/PSSR's
- Must have a Journeyperson Millwright or Pipefitter Ticket from a recognized provincial training authority
- Must have strong computer skills - Microsoft Word, Excel
- Must possess strong pre-planning skills
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have previous millwright or pipefitting experience in an industrial setting
- Must possess a valid CSTS 09 (Construction Safety Training Systems) certification
- Must complete OSSA (Oil Sands Safety Association) Regional Orientation and WHMIS
- Must possess a valid form of government issued photo identification
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in Fort McMurray, Alberta will be given preference due to the location of this project.
- 24 days on and 4 days off rotation during commissioning phase (April - May)
- 10 days on and 4 days off shift rotations for maintenance phase (May onwards)
- Potential for 5 days on and 2 days off or 7 days on and 7 days off rotation for maintenance off shift rotation
- No camp is provided
- No travel compensation provided
- $5.00 an hour up to $50.00 a day will be provided as a local living premium
- Work will be both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Travel to other sites around Alberta may be necessary
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Site Services offers a unique set of maintenance services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From tailings pipeline construction and maintenance to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!