Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Field Engineer - OSP with 2+ years of experience, working within Telecommunications or Outside Plant construction. You're an integral part of the project team and will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing project plans under the supervision of the project manager. In addition to ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, you will assist operations staff with safety and quality control.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services Team in Lubbock, TX today! Responsibilities
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes
- Implements and maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings and project directory
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications and submittals
- Coordinates the request for information (RFI) process, ensures RFIs are distributed to affected trades and maintains RFI logs and binders
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor/subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval and following through with subcontract change orders/purchase orders as directed
- Participates in the tracking of project milestones, assists with the maintenance of the project schedule and baseline schedule and reviews with Project Manager/Superintendent
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals and occupancy documents; creates turnover documents, demobilizes site and archives documents
- Performs other related duties as required
- 2+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience. Experience with Outside Plant construction projects is an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in Telecom, Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Capable of probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs; familiar with P6, ShareFile, QuickBase and MS Office
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security