Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Fibre Optic Technician responsible for the set up and maintenance of telecommunication services in multiplexed units. You complete inside wiring and Fibre service installations in customers' homes and businesses providing exceptional customer service and quality work. You enjoy working with technology while connecting customers to a first class Fibre optic network.
Join Ledcor Technical Services today!Responsibilities
- Install Fibre Optic cabling into multi-tenant buildings
- Drive to and from customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation, servicing and wiring in commercial and/or mixed use buildings; Fibre, Coax, CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Complete structured wiring
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Degree or diploma from a technical college would be an asset
- Previous work experience in telecommunications including structured cabling and outside plant support an asset
- Experience working with Fibre optics and splicing is an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction.
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Travel to project locations in Alberta and BC will be required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted