Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a dynamic leader in the world of Multifamily Construction with a keen eye for how to make the biggest impact while keeping budget and timelines in check.
You derive a significant amount of satisfaction from seeing world class projects commence from the design phase through to the completion.
You have built a reputation as being fair, accountable, resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, and yet demanding. You know what it takes to get things done right.
You have multi-jurisdictional experience with Type I - V building envelopes in ground-up to completion construction project management.
If this sounds like you, consider applying to this exciting Vice President opportunity for our Property Development division based in Irvine, CA.Responsibilities
- Participate in weekly project OAC (Owner Architect Contractor) meetings
- Monitor the design and pre-construction processes for compliance with project objectives, including: budget, performance, timeframe, building envelope, environmental considerations, accessibility conformance, quality and programming requirements
- Review of draw requests
- Mitigate construction delays, delay claims, cost controls, and change orders
- Research and monitor industry trends
- Assist with due diligence for land acquisitions as well as construction bid solicitation and analysis
- Negotiate and administer AIA (American Institute of Architects) contracts with third party general contractors
- Lead strategic planning and development of long term staffing, systems, and organizational structure for the building delivery process
- Assist regional development managers and act as a resource to ensure the successful delivery of projects nationally setting the standard for operations and safety
- Project Management degree, ideally with a Professional civil or structural engineer or engineering technologist designation
- Minimum ten years ofsenior leadership level experience with a mid-sized national general contractor or a national development company
- Vast and thoroughknowledge of typical building systems and how they are constructed
- Construction product experience including garden, podium, wrap, and high-rise construction
- Local knowledge in operational areas of Austin, Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area and Seattle will be a plus
- Proficiency in contract management software, the full suite MS Office and Project software; general operation of a Personal Computer is needed
- Ideally you have proficiency in Primavera, CPM Scheduling, Suretrack, Bluebeam and OnScreen software as well
- Demonstrated track record of leadership, including setting operational and safety standards for a regional or national construction team
- Must be self-directed and motivated with excellent project management skills; exceptional atprioritizing and coordinating multiple competing tasks in a timely fashion,and demonstratingquick turnaround, follow through and follow up
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with a broad range of individuals and professions, and foster good working relationships with all members of the project team and outside parties
- A high degree of professionalism, composure, positivity, and ethics; you have a strong work ethic that isdriven by a desire for quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to understand complex legal documents such as construction contracts
- Ability to work and coordinate against schedules and budgets
- Ability to work flexible or extended hours to accommodate increased workload/projects and to attend industry-related meetings or events in the evenings and on weekends
- Knowledge of key drivers of building cost and efficiency - ability to identify areas for increased efficiency without sacrificing program or performance
- Ability to manage general contractors and maintain control while preserving a positive relationship
- Good eye for quality design - program compliance, performance, efficiency, and aesthetics
- Demonstrated ability to motivate other stakeholders internally and externally i.e. government, consultants, contractors - to achieve successful outcomes
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
This role requires regular travel to our offices, clients, subcontractorsand building sites throughout North America on the order of 50%. Activities in both boardroom settings and active construction site settings will be a normal for this role.
The noise level in the work environmentcan fluctuate between an office that isrelatively quiettoan active construction area, where the noise could be relatively high.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security