Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Drug and Alcohol Coordinator, you will be responsible for the administration of Ledcor's Canadian and US Drug & Alcohol Program across the full employee life cycle, including consultation with recruiters, site safety and supervision, third-party vendors and other stakeholders. You will ensure that appropriate documentation and privacy requirements are met to uphold employee and site safety. Working within established procedures as well as maintaining a high degree of confidentiality, you will solve routine problems and implement solutions based on standard HR and safety policies.
Ledcor is investing in a multi-year initiative, called HR2020, to provide new HCM technology and an updated HR operating model to support our company's future business growth and development. HR2020 will improve the employee experience at Ledcor through enabling technology and broadened HR service delivery. We have already started on this journey and we are adding expertise as needed to complement our dynamic team. If you are looking for a career where you can make a real difference, come join our True Blue team
Come join our True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!Responsibilities
- Coordinates with recruiting, union case manager and third-party vendor(s) to assist with facilitation of pre-employment, and pre-access drug and alcohol testing for applicable positions, seeking program interpretation where required, and ensuring stakeholders have the knowledge and information required to administer program appropriately
- Provides administrative support for the completion of seasonal, occasional, and ad hoc projects managed by the service center team
- Provides guidance and consistency for employees enrolled in company drug and alcohol return to duty program after positive reasonable grounds or post-incident test results. This includes collaboration with union case manager, site safety, human resources, industrial relations and third-party vendor(s)
- Refers employees self-identifying a drug or alcohol use issue to the Disability and Wellbeing Advisor for entry into the Self-Referral program
- Manages Ledcor drug and alcohol testing accounts and maintain library for all documents relating to the drug and alcohol program
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 0 - 2 years of experience working in an office environment, providing general support and interpretation of policy
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources and/or Business Administration strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through and deliver results
- Experience working with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to learn quickly to assimilate and apply new information
- Comfort with ambiguity and shifting demands
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with personal data
Our Human Resources (HR) team helps Ledcor's leaders attract and retain our most valuable asset - our people. With expertise in recruitment, employment practices, workplace culture, learning and development, and compensation, the HR team supports the entire lifecycle of our employees. We are a diverse team equipped to support the growth of our company.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!