Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Project Coordinator with more than 3 years of experience working on civil construction projects, preferably with some background in bridge construction. Drawing on your excellent time management and organizational skills, you will assist the project teams in both technical and management support activities.
Come join our True Blue team!Responsibilities
- Promotes a culture of health, safety and environmental protection on the project by taking an active role in the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to achieve compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes.
- Coordinates and administers the Project Quality Plan.
- Maintains project start-up systems and procedures including job site trailer or office, master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory.
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions including the review and distribution of documentation; preparation of correspondence and meeting minutes; and maintenance of files, logs, drawings, specifications, submittals, and RFIs.
- Supports the (sub) contract management / procurement process through the tendering and awarding of work or supply materials, assisting with the review, processing invoices and progress claims, and assisting with the review of documents and inquiries.
- Coordinates the change order management process by securing pricing from the vendor / subcontractor, reviewing and inputting the data for project manager review, submitting change requests for approval, and following through with (sub) contract change orders / purchase orders as directed.
- Participates in the tracking of project milestones, assists with the creation and maintenance of the project schedule, and inputs and updates the baseline schedule.
- Prepares for project close out by collecting warranties, O&M manuals, and occupancy documents; creating turnover documents; demobilizing site; and archiving documents.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 3 or more years of related work experience or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Previous experience on bridge construction projects would be preferred
- Working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, and specifications
- Working knowledge of current construction practices and methodology
- Able to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret stakeholder needs
- Capable of identifying issues and generating solutions in moderately complex situations
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer skills with an aptitude for learning new programs. Familiarity with scheduling software
- Positionbased in Edmonton to begin with, however, due to the project based nature of the role, relocation may be required
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!