Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a safety professional with 5 years' experience in heavy industrial, pipeline, or civil construction, who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.
Applicants that reside in Fort McMurray, AB, will be given preference due to the location of this project. Apply today!Responsibilities
- Able to provide independent advice to operations management in Ledcor HS&E program
- Creates clear and timely "Flash Reports"
- Participates in the conduct of detailed, fact based incident management
- Acquires clear competence and understanding in executing Ledcor's HS&E program in all types of situations (project start up, duration and close out)
- Able to independently lead TBT and Safety meetings
- Develops and enhances Job Hazard Analysis and Safe Work Practice documents based on existing materials
- Has an understanding of all site, BU or division safety programs, company codes of business conduct, site/BU specific procedures and management systems
- Seeks to understand and meet the demands of various stakeholders, including internal and external clients
- Supports and takes action for operations personnel to meet Ledcor's "Leading Indicator" requirements
- Practices attentive and active listening and is skilled at questioning to ensure understanding
- Obtains basic understanding of complementary HS&E functions such as Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health practices
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years relevant industry Health and Safety experience and 5+ years' experience in the heavy industrial, pipeline, or civil construction industry
- Must possess a valid CSO or NCSO certification or OH&S diploma
- Proven ability to act with customer in mind by understanding requirements and participating in client meetings
- Demonstrates a competent level of communication skills and behaviors with site employee, site management and corporate representatives/management
- Able to ensure health and safety requirements have been met and able to facilitate others in best practices in the execution of health and safety processes
- Able to recognize and is comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Follows defined processes and boundaries provided by Ledcor Health and safety program and relevant OH&S (or equivalent) legislation to be able to make appropriate, timely decisions in consultation with others
- Learns quickly and enjoys challenge of unfamiliar tasks or information
- Pursues matters with drive and urgency to finish - able to lead operations group in Health and safety decision making
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Site based role
- 10 days on/4 days off shift rotation working 10 hours per day
- Applicants that reside in Fort McMurray, AB, will be given preference due to the location of this project
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!