Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Field Splicing Manager with 3+ years' experience in Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) fiber splicing and construction. You will work closely with subcontractors to be responsible for day to day operations by working closely with subcontractors to ensure the splice & test plan is implemented. You will implement project plans, schedules, and daily reporting.
Join our Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today. This position supports the Kentucky Wired project. Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Analyzes OTDR, Chromatic Dispersion & PMD measurement fiber test results and understands the fiber optic cable splice/test scope of work and fiber assignment tables
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Ensures project milestones and completion dates are met for scope of work being managed
- Supervises field subcontractors in the FOC (fiber optic cable) splice & test scope of work. Works with the ISP (inside plant) operations team troubleshooting OSP issues during the testing phase
- Mentors project team members to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
Performs other related duties as required
- 3+ years of experience as a Fiber Splicer experienced in OSP construction
- Experience with fiber link loss budgets, test and acceptance software (Viavi, EXFO FastReporter)
- Experience with OSP and ISP splice enclosures and patch panel installations
- Experience with fiber optic single fusion, mass fusion and ribbonizing splice procedures while using OTDR and power meter test equipment
- Skilled at underground cable locating an asset
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current overhead and underground construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Ability to use GIS, Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software P6
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, references and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- This role will be located out of our project office in Lexington, KY, and will require travel within Kentucky
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security