Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Project Manager with over 8 years of experience working in multi-disciplinary construction projects with expertise in vertical building construction. You will develop and execute project plans and schedules, ensure the highest safety and quality standards. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope.
If you are interested in leading commercial construction projects and mentoring a team of professionals, join the Ledcor Building team in Ottawa, ON.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Creates and/or facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and awards
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual
- 8+ years of related work experience as a Project Manager on commercial construction projects
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs
- Ability to determine a problem's root causes, identify short and long term solutions, anticipate patterns and look beyond the immediate problem to the wider implications
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderate to complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating and coaching; skilled in facilitation, mentoring and conflict resolution
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Position will be based on site and in the office.
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is committed to the equitable treatment of all people with respect to employment and services. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities in a way that respects their dignity and independence by removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Date Posted