Full Time Regular Job Summary
As the Materials Manager, you will plan, schedule, coordinate and manage the flow of materials & OEM equipment into Ledcor to meet project demand and all field operations for LTS. You will also work closely with construction, purchasing and logistics staff to ensure demand for all materials is met.
Join our Technical Services team in Lexington, KY today. This position supports the Kentucky Wired project.Responsibilities
- Seeks out best practices and ensure processes and procedures are established and followed
- Sources, develops and builds effective supplier relationships
- Establishes, monitors and updates key performance indicators (KPI)
- Communicates material delivery schedules to all Operations
- Coordinates with construction scheduling and purchasing departments
- Develops and performs audits to monitor consistency across all subcontractors & warehouses (may involve site visits)
- Releases materials from the warehouse as directed by the construction team, ensure all signed documents are uploaded into Aconex
- Conducts periodic storage inspections of subcontractor held materials and manage weekly reporting
- Perform material inventory audits of project & subcontractor's yard
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 5-7 years' experience in a supply chain, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a materials manager or material process implementation role
- Completion of related post-secondary education would be considered an asset
- Supply Chain formal training / certification an asset. (ex. APICS, CSCP) or equivalent experience in supply chain, inventory, warehousing, transport and logistics
- ERP / MRP working knowledge is required along with strong MS Office skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Process mapping knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure on many tasks with imposing deadlines
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to build strong relationships with internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and able to take constructive criticism
- Forklift certification an asset
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirement
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security