Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a technical, observant, and analytical individual who enjoys data collection, problem solving, and working outdoors. You are seeking an opportunity to build a career in an exciting industry, with a reputable company known for its' ability to provide stability, professional growth opportunities, and an award-winning corporate culture. As an Outside Plant Field Survey Technician with Ledcor, you will be responsible for collecting a variety of field data to support all types of OSP aerial and buried telecommunications projects. Experience with telecom network facilities, surface and subsurface utilities, and geographic information is considered an asset, however if you've got a positive attitude, an outstanding work ethic, an aptitude for technology, and have flexibility to travel for work, apply today!
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Chicago, IL! Responsibilities
- Conduct field surveys and collect surface and subsurface data including: aerial & underground infrastructure features, telecommunications network facilities, and other geographic information
- Conduct field visits to collect project information including: dimensions & distances, exact measurements of existing equipment, site details, digital images, staking, etc. required to complete a design
- Read & interpret client cable records and facility drawings
- Collect information for permit, easement, and encroachment applications
- Submit an organized job package for each project that may include: maps, field notes, drawings, images, photographs and GPS location of features
- Perform inspections during and after construction to ensure compliance with original designs and customer specifications
- Understand OSP principles, work order procedures, telecommunication industry standards and be in compliance with the latest revisions of any relevant Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures, local and governmental jurisdiction and be in accordance with instructions supplied by customer
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized program, post-secondary institution is an asset
- 2-4 years of experience, working within Telecommunications, Outside Plant or Fielding Operations of a Fiber Optic Network
- Experience in assorted OSP databases is an asset
- Excellent organizational, planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills
- Excellent customer service focus and team player, strong attention to detail
- Passion for safety of employees, contractors and the general public
- Strong knowledge of MicroSoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Knowledge and experience with mobile devices and data collectors
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to travel
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 60 pounds) and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSDESENG* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security