Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a skilled Operations Manager with experience successfully managingcivil utility constructionprojects. In this rewarding position, you will oversee the day to day operations of Outside Plant construction and project management, while maintaining a steadfast focus on schedule, budget, and the safety and development of project staff. You are equipped to drive both short and long term solutions for the business, contributing to its' unrelenting success.
Are you ready to assume a new leadership role? Join our team in London, ON today.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Manages internal teams and contractorsperforming conduit installation, directional drilling and line placing.
- Creates and/or facilitates Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
- Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
- Maintains good relationships and positively interacts with Customer Representatives, Subcontractors and the public
- Ensures understanding of, and compliance with, municipal rules and regulations related to permits, road occupancy, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required
- 8+ years of related work experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 5+ years of Utility Construction experience, Fibre to the Home (FTTH) project experience is preferred
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with directional drilling and aerial construction methodologies
- Ability to plan and manage project schedules, and a strong understanding of costs and budgets
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- A track record of building successful teams and promoting teamwork through motivating, coaching, and consensus-building.
- Previous staff supervision experience, including unionized personnel
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills paired with an ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs
- Clean drivers abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Office and site based position
- Travel to various work sites in Ontario may be required
- This role requires working outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted