Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an intermediate-level Safety Coordinator who has 2-5 years' of experience working in construction, pipeline, or related industries. Drawing on your education and experience, you will play a key role in leading and facilitating our safety program for our various pipeline maintenance related projects across Canada.
Come join our team in Edmonton, AB!Responsibilities
- Revises and develops safe work practices and job hazard assessments
- Leads, coordinates and communicates new health and safety initiatives to Ledcor field employees, Ledcor management and the client
- Conducts onsite field audits and inspections
- Facilitates the process of conducting incident investigations and provides recommendations for corrective measures
- Reports safety information and statistics
- Keeps current with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Works closely with the client to ensure the successful implementation of all safety practices and initiatives
- Assists management in fulfilling long-term safety goals
- Promotes Ledcor's Health, Safety & Environmental policy and collaborates with internal HSE resources to ensure success
- May perform other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years field experience in implementing safety programs in a construction, pipeline or related industry
- Completed or is working towards completion of a safety designation such as NCSO, OH&S Certificate or OH&S Diploma. Preference would be given to candidates who have attained the CRSP designation.
- Exhibits a strong sense of professionalism
- Strong written and communication skills
- Comfortable with public speaking to a group of employees and clients in a classroom or teleconference setting
- Adept at computer programs such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates must be free to travel within Canada and possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Office based position
- Some travel will be required to site and/or office locations in Canada (approximately 2-5 days per month)
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted