Full Time Regular Job Summary
You asan experiencedDesign & Engineering Director, with expertise in Outside Plant (OSP)/Inside Plant (ISP) communications engineering for Fiber-Optics (both Long Haul and Middle Mile) projects, are responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen within your engineering team.
You are responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications network outside plant managers,designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial coordinators, third-party conduit coordinators, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel.
You will be responsible for end to end outside plant (OSP) engineering (high level design through permit receipt through red line and as built uploads), delivering the engineering component of the project on time, on schedule, on interval, on budget, on safety, on quality.
You are responsible for P/L results of your respective geographic region and for overall internal/external client satisfaction with engineering.
You are responsible for helping drive revenue generation with a focus on business unit growth through active bid engagement, driving innovation, sales team support, outstanding project execution, and attracting and managing highly skilled and motivated employees.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team inAustin, TX,in this exciting and dynamic role.Responsibilities
- Direct leadership and mentoring of managers as well as front line team members.
- Proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis.
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments.
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules.
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties. Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs.
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure.
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design & Engineering Managers for process improvements and procedural changes.
- Provides oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection.
- You will interact with Sales, Construction, field operations, HR, and Senior Management internally.
- You will interact with Clients, and vendors potentially ata variety of levels as well.
- 8+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards.Municipal, State and Federal
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset.
- A related Diploma, Degree or Professional Certification will be considered an asset
- Though this is primarily an office based role there is an expected travel component in the range of 25-30%.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes. But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. With us, you'll be challenged. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career. Your safety will never be compromised. And you will be inspired to be your best. Every day. Join our True Blue team and discover a career that means more!Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security