Full Time Regular Job Summary
You as an experienced Design & Engineering Manager, are responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen within your engineering team.
You are responsible for leading and developing a team of telecommunications network outside plant managers, designers, drafters, fielders, permit coordinators, aerial coordinators, third-party conduit coordinators, project assigned GIS analysts and other associated outside plant engineering personnel.
You will be responsible for end to end outside plant (OSP) engineering (high level design through permit receipt through red line and as built uploads), delivering the engineering component of the project on time, on schedule, on interval, on budget, on safety, on quality.
You are responsible for meeting project schedules, production, quality, internal/external client satisfaction, safety and employee engagement targets.
You possess well-rounded OSP engineering knowledge, leadership ability and client management skills and are able to lead and growth a team of designers.
You will oversee the engineering & design and bid preparation activities as well as providing overall leadership to the team.
You will also conduct final reviews of all completed work by the team to ensure a high degree of quality & accuracy of existing underground/civil plant infrastructure is maintained for the addition of proposed OSP network installations.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Austin, TX, in this exciting and dynamic role.Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of Designers, including performance management and training.
- Coordinating with designers to ensure scope of work has been adhered to.
- Proposal and estimate preparation, review and costing analysis.
- Ensuring scheduled deadlines and project deliverables are maintained for all engineering related assignments.
- Managing work to approved budgets and schedules.
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties. Incorporating safety into all aspects of designs.
- Quality and safety reviews of outside plant civil design and analysis of underground and pole transition infrastructure.
- Providing feedback and collaborating with Design & Engineering Managers for process improvements and procedural changes.
- Provides oversight of contract labor management, including developing consistent scope of work requirements, assisting with pricing negotiations and providing approvals for contract labor company selection.
- Other duties as required.
- 10+ years in the telecommunications or engineering industries
- 5+ years managing engineers or designers.
- Experience in design and/or construction of outside plant telecommunication network infrastructure.
- Fibre optic or Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) network design and construction experience is considered an asset.
- Familiar with applicable codes and standards (e.g. CSA, provincial).
- Professional engineer status (P.Eng) is considered an asset
Though this role is primarily an office based role there will be some expected overnight travel.
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes. But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. With us, you'll be challenged. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your career. Your safety will never be compromised. And you will be inspired to be your best. Every day. Join our True Blue team and discover a career that means more!Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security