Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Health & Safety program graduate who is looking to start their career as a Safety Coordinator. You are looking to grow your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Austin, TX today! Responsibilities
- Supports the implementation and maintence of Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment; records and files confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
- Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees as needed
- Supports LTS Subcontractor Prequalification team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors' safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of work-site health, safety, and environmental protection inspections, daily toolbox safety meetings and weekly tailgate meeting
- Supports audits as required to verify the implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program
- Works with the project team on the continuous improvement of incident prevention process execution
- Supports the project team to identify appropriate corrective actions to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health, safety, and environmental protection
- 1-2 years experience and completion of a related certificate or diploma in OH&S
- Knowledge of state and federal OSHA requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Must maintain a state driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security