Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a designer of Outside Plant (OSP) fiber optic communications infrastructure, working to support the design and construction of backhaul and FTTX networks. You'll be an integral part of the project team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Irvine, CA today! Responsibilities
- Incorporating safety into all aspects of design
- Design backhaul & FTTX networks, including outside plant civil structure, fiber networks, pole line design and preparation of permit applications
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Identify quality issues and provide solutions to the team for discussion
- Review design drawings prepared by others for design compliance and constructability
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, vendor drawings or specifications
- Provide technical support to junior designers, providing detailed feedback
- Maintaining organization of project drawing files, records, and documentation while keeping company database current
- 2+ years' experience working within Telecommunications OSP, Quality Control experience an asset
- Graduate from a technical college program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS)
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with CAD/Microstation/3-GIS/ESRI/ArcGIS would be an asset
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively in team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted