Full Time Regular Job Summary
Our Technical Services division builds and supports communication networks all across North America. It takes hard work and innovation - and we need more great, hardworking people to maintain this standard of excellence.
Ledcor is seeking Labourers to join our MxU construction team based out of Vancouver, BC.
This position is great for people who enjoy working with their hands and operating independently with a desire to learn and build a career. If you think that being on the move and working in new locations makes for a great work environment explore the wonderful career opportunities at Ledcor Technical Services (LTS).Responsibilities
- Install conduit and Fibre Optic cabling into multi-tenant buildings
- Drive to and from customer locations in a defined geographic area performing installation, servicing and wiring in commercial and/or mixed use buildings; Fibre, Coax, CAT 5 and CAT 6
- Complete structured wiring
- Interact with customers in a professional and courteous manner to ensure that their work orders are completed as requested
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Utilize handheld tools within the customer location
- Work both indoors and outdoors at the customer location
- Ensure vehicle, test equipment and tools are maintained in excellent condition
- Previous work experience in residential or commercial construction is an asset
- Experience working with Fibre optics and splicing is an asset
- Previous experience working in the field independently
- A strong technical aptitude
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be computer savvy, able to handle multiple computer applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Self-Motivated, ability to prioritize and organize work loads with little direction.
- Maintain a valid provincial driver's license (Class 5) and must provide a driver's abstract annually.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening
- Travel to project locations in Alberta and BC will be required.
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
Ledcor is proud to be among Canada's Top Employers. Learn more at http://www.ledcor.com/careers/why-work-here Date Posted