Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You're a Superintendent with over 3 years of field operations experience, in a leadership capacity, working in multi-disciplinary commercial construction projects. You will be responsible for developing and executing project plans and schedules to ensure they're completed on time and within budget. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are able to effectively delegate work to field staff, contractors, and tradespeople.
This is a temporary, full-time position for approximately 10 months.
Join the Ledcor Building team in Fort St. John, BC.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project; applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Issues materials and services purchase orders, confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees; ensures their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Ledcor's Construction Operations Manual
- 3 to 8 years of construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role
- Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification/education program
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver's license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Project based position
- Applicants that reside in Fort St. John will be given preference due to the location of this project
- This is a temporary full-time position for approximately 10 months
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!