Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a Material Planner responsible for the day-to-day procurement of equipment, consumables and materials as dictated by site requirements and the capital requisition program. You sustain active supplier relationships to maintain a reliable source of supply, while building internal customer relationships through working closely with the operations personnel to help meet project requirements.
This is a temporary full time position expected to last until July 2019 with the opportunity to become permanent.
Join Ledcor in Port Coquitlam today!Responsibilities
- Ensures that all items purchased and managed adhere to the policies and procedures of Ledcor
- Expedites items as required
- Researches and identifies purchasing opportunities to ensure that the lowest total cost of ownership is achieved for Ledcor
- Maintains relationships with existing suppliers to ensure that they are committed to supporting our long-term needs
- Assists operations personnel to help meet the project requirements in regards to equipment, materials or other procured needs
- Works closely with accounting to ensure timely payment of all supplier invoices occurs
- Provides assistance to all departments in obtaining quotes for purchasing needs
- Works collaboratively with operations personnel to ensure procedures are followed
- Works with Engineering to implement BOM Changes in ERP system
- Monitors schedule performance and informs those impacted by changes as required
- Works with Logistics to support improvements in inventory accuracy
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar environment, with specific experience with JDE Purchasing and/or other computer procurement programs
- APICS training or certification preferred
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Internet
- Strong analytical, organizational and mathematical skills
- Capable of processing large volumes of paperwork in a timely and efficient manner with few errors
- Able to project a friendly, open manner and communicate well with management, co-workers, internal customers, suppliers, and client representatives
- Adaptable to changing environments and rapid pace
- Able to work well under pressure on a number of tasks with imposing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good work ethic, self-motivated, and effectively works independently or within a team environment
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted