Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a qualified Deckhand who excels in an environment with exponential career growth opportunities. Your BC coastal experience with tug and barge operations will be an asset to the overall success of the vessel operations team. You will be towing chip and gravel barges in the Fraser River and along the BC coast.
With new opportunities on the horizon, it's an exciting time to join the Ledcor Marine team!Responsibilities
- Under supervision of the Master, carries out general deck duties to support the tug and barge operations including tandem towing operations, general seamanship duties, look out, and helmsman
- Supports ship assist and barge towing operations, including handling deck lines, wires, and towing gear
- Provides general ship upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning and food preparation
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Previous tug boat or similar experience required
- Marine Emergency Duties - Basic Safety Training required
- Survival craft and rescue boat required
- Marine Basic First Aid required
- Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate required
- In possession of or pursuit of Marine Safety Bridge Watch Rating Certificate
- In possession of or pursuit of Food Safe Certificate
- Valid Canadian passport (or ability to achieve)
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
- Motivated to take initiative and consistently contribute
- Flexible with work and schedule
- Ability to meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Scheduled shift rotation
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Mining services reach across the lifespan of a mine, from facility construction, to full-scale contract mining of coal, minerals, or metals, all the way to mine reclamation. Our service offerings are vast-as are the projects we work on.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!