Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Technical Field Service Representative maintaining and servicing various optical and electronic platforms. You utilize your experience to provide Hot Hands technical support, installation, testing and commissioning support to various commercial clients. You are customer focused with strong technical knowledge of fibre optic cables and the aptitude to work with Fujitsu, Nortel, Alcatel, and related platforms.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services -KMTS Team In Lexington KY.Responsibilities
- Perform installation, repair, configuration and testing of moves, additions, changes and disconnects (MACD) on various Nortel, Fujitsu, Alcatel and similar products to support customer optical, electrical, voice and data services
- Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are completed as requested and addressed in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide hot hands and installation support, testing and commissioning of various optical and electrical platforms
- Coordinate activities on site including site surveys, cabling (electrical and optical), power, and equipment installation
- Perform appropriate tests on most signaling platforms including small to medium sized private branch exchange (PBX), digital signal (DS-0 through DS-3), and optic carrier (OC-3) to dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM)
- Test and splice optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR)
- Repair and maintain customer equipment to ensure optimal performance; includes mostly restoration activities but also preventative maintenance and installation activities
- Operate hand tools and power tools in a safe manner
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 4 to 8 years of telecommunications experience. Knowledge of locating fiber optic cable is required
- Accreditation from a technical school in telecommunications or equivalent technical training
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- License or certificate in the operation and maintenance of Fujitsu, Nortel, Alcatel or optical equipment equivalent is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in electronics will be considered
- Computer literate and proficient in Windows XP and MS Office applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license and clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug & alcohol requirements
- Able to be available 365 days a year, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Must be available to commute within a 2 hour window of Lexington, KY
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTS Technicians*Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security