Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're a Superintendent, familiar with Outside Plant or Telecommunications construction. You will be responsible for day to day operations, ensuring projects are completed on time and are functioning smoothly. You will also be implementing project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality control. Throughout the project, you will also be responsible for delegating work to first staff, subcontractors, and also our own trades people.
Join our Technical Services team in Edmonton, AB today.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project.
- Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program.
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained.
- Develops, maintains and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met.
- Issues materials and services purchase orders, confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervises field employees; ensures their work is planned and performed efficiently and their timesheets are accurately coded.
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Maintains a thorough daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections and other relevant information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- 3+ years ofexperience with Outside Plant construction or other telecommunications construction.
- Previous construction experience as a Superintendent or similar direct supervisory role is preferred.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes .
- Solid understanding of current construction practices; working knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications and project management.
- Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
- Skilled at promoting teamwork with project team and stakeholders.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, and Outlook; familiar with scheduling software.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Travel to various sites and office locations is required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted