Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Labourer seeking an opportunity to start their career in the marine industry, in a position that provides extensive benefits and with a company who prides themselves on safety.
If you are thinking about a career as a marine mechanic or deckhand, this is the position for you!Responsibilities
- Perform tasks to support maintenance operation
- Provide general clean up, ongoing monitoring and maintenance of workshop area
- Assist mechanics with general maintenance
- Tending to the workshop recycling area
- Coordinating supply request
- Refueling of company vehicles
- Previous experience in a maintenance environment would be an asset
- Experience using power tools preferred
- A pleasure craft license would be an asset, but not required
- A Confined Space certificate would be an asset, but not required
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a BC driver's license
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- 4 day workweek, including weekends. 10 hour shifts
- Working outdoors in various weather conditions
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Training will be provided
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia's forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea. We run one of the largest marine operations of its kind in southwest British Columbia, with a fleet of tugs and barges serving natural resources and industrial customers.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!