Full Time Temporary Job Summary
You are a dynamic administrative professional looking for a critical support role with diverse responsibilities. You have a proven commitment to customer service, a self-starter and team player. In this Administrative Assistant role, you will provide a range of administrative support services to our project teams.
This is a 12 month contract position.
Come join our Ledcor Building team in Burnaby, BC!Responsibilities
- Carries out a wide range of sensitive and diverse administrative and operational duties within the department such as contract review and the archiving of project files
- Completes administrative tasks such as: filing, managing calendars, coordinating mail and couriers; prepares and distributes correspondence as needed
- Communicates daily with management, staff, contacts and visitors; acts as a resource for general administrative inquiries and information
- Assists with the coordination of meetings including: scheduling, booking resources, compiling required materials and making catering arrangements
- Orders office supplies and equipment as required; may coordinate computer requests, phone and office moves and other installations
- Assists manager(s) with preparation for the arrival of new hires as required
- Makes travel arrangements as required
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of timesheets
- Maintains and updates various contact and distribution lists for the department or project
- Provides part-time coverage of reception responsibilities daily
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 3+ years' administrative experience in a dynamic, high-volume role. Previous experience in construction or a related industry would be an asset
- Combination of post-secondary coursework in office administration and experience will be considered
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; an aptitude for learning new computer systems
- Solid keyboarding skills with the attention to detail to find and correct errors in documents
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a proven ability to problem solve and manage multiple priorities
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service focus, with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Capable of understanding and following written procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Position will require successful applicant to complete a criminal record check
- Office based position
- 12 month contract position
Ledcor Building offers full-service construction for commercial, residential, institutional, and light industrial projects, along with expertise in green building. Our depth of knowledge and expertise come from building hundreds of projects - of all sizes - across North America each year.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!