Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Inside Plant (ISP) Field Manager skilled in managing the installation & migration of various optical and electronic platforms. You utilize your experience to provide supervision, technical support, installation, testing and migration support to the client. You are customer focused with strong technical knowledge of fiber optic networks with the aptitude to work with Fujitsu, Juniper, Cisco and related platforms.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Lexington, KY! This position supports the Kentucky Wired project. Responsibilities
- Supervise installation, configuration and testing of Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, Juniper MX960 and MX480 Node equipment and Juniper EX2300, EX4300, and EX4550 site switching equipment to support customer optical, electrical, voice and data services
- Provide a high level of customer service ensuring that any escalations or concerns are completed as requested and addressed in a professional, courteous, and timely manner
- Provide installation, testing, migration, and technical support of various optical and electrical platforms
- Coordinate activities on site including site surveys, cabling (electrical and optical), power, and equipment installation, testing and migrations
- Review Construction drawing (ISP), Notice to Proceed (NTP), and Site Access Requirements
- Manage and update automated tracking systems
- Provide assistance maintaining written records
- Assist in verifying fiber test reports to include splice reports, optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR), and Power Meter readings
- Assist the safety team to ensure a safe work environment
- Assist the quality team in ensuring work is being performed to standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 4 to 8 years of telecommunications experience. Knowledge of testing and troubleshooting fiber optic equipment is required
- Accreditation from a technical school in telecommunications or equivalent technical training
- Previous experience working in the field independently and thriving in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated and able to prioritize and organize workloads with little direction
- License or certificate in the operation and maintenance of Fujitsu and Juniper optical equipment is strongly preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, Word, Access
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license and clear drivers abstract
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Up to 70% travel within Kentucky
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security