Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Project Manager with experience in Cathodic Protection. As the Project Manager you will provide guidance to project staff and will be responsible for developing and executing project plans to ensure that projects are successfully completed on time and within budget.
Ledcor Industrial Maintenance, a subsidiary of Ledcor Pipeline Limited, is responsible for providing maintenance services on pipeline and energy infrastructure across Canada, including Pipeline Cathodic Protection projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Edmonton today!Responsibilities
- Assists in the development of estimates and the submittal of tenders, and actively participates in our business development efforts when required.
- Develops the construction execution plans including the schedule, and monitors these plans throughout the project to ensure we meet our client commitments.
- Liaise with field supervision, client representatives, and internal support groups to ensure open communication among all stakeholders.
- Ensures site safety, environmental and quality standards are met or exceeded throughout the project.
- Effectively manages the activities and safety performance of subcontractors to completion, maintains strategic supplier relationships.
- Manages the contract and change order process to ensure all obligations are met and processes are followed to ensure payment for work completed.
- Tracks cost expenditures, commitments and billings throughout the life of a project to ensure that budget predictions are kept accurate.
- Provides monthly reports and forecasts to external and internal stakeholders and maintain open lines of communication throughout project duration.
- Perform site visits and lead project kickoff and closeout meetings.
- Provides strong leadership to project team and construction team, balancing workload while capitalizing on individual and group strengths.
- May provide formal or indirect supervision to project team members.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in corrosion and/or pipeline maintenance related field work in a project management or similar role.
- Engineering degree or relevant post-secondary education and/or experience.
- An understanding of cathodic protection systems relating to the pipeline industry/energy sector is a key asset.
- Completion of industry technical certification such as the NACE Cathodic Protection Tester or Technician designation is desired.
- An understanding of industry technical requirements and construction documents.
- Strong project management skills, ability to report and deliver within specified timeframe.
- Strong computer background including experience with programs such as MS Word, Excel, Project. Knowledge of other software programs such as JD Edwards is an asset.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication with a high degree of attention to detail. There will be much interaction with clients, support personnel and suppliers.
- Effective multitasking and organizational skills, along with the ability to manage others.
- Able to work as a manager with little direct supervision, while maintaining a team-based approach to customer service.
- This primarily office-based position will require frequent travel throughout Canada.
- Up to 25% travel.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!