Full Time Regular Job Summary
You're an established Project Management professional with over 5 years of experience working in multi-disciplinary construction projects, with a specific expertise in Outside Plant construction. As the Project Manager, you will develop and execute project plans and schedules, while ensuring safety and quality standards are met. You have a proven track record for meetings budgets, schedules and scope, and youare ready to join a dynamiccompany that will recognize your abilityandvalue your hard work and dedication.
Join theLedcor Technical Services team in Elmhurst, IL today!Responsibilities
- Provides clear direction to team members and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Ensures site safety and environmental standards are met or exceeded
- Ensures that the quality of materials and workmanship meet or exceed standards identified in contract specification documents
- Achieves or exceeds project schedule commitments within the financial targets
- Maintains and tracks billings, reports, and projections; implementstrade awards and construction work within financial targets and constraints
- Sets expected levels of documentation, standards for accounting issues, methodology of budget control, types of bids (fixed price, cost plus, unit price), etc.
- Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths
- Tracks, reports and communicates FTTX project progress; resolves and providessolutions to any project roadblocks
- Provides early communication on potential due date, interval and/or budget slips to business unit leadership
- Participates in FTTX project meetings and effectively supports the overall FTTX project effort
- Develops detailed baseline FTTX schedules upon project and maintain this schedule throughout the course of the project, with updates, as often as required but no less than weekly
- Manages FTTX sub-trade RFP bidding/award in compliance with company procurement policy
- Reviews and approves FTTX sub-contractor invoices in a timely manner
- Ensures that as-built drawings for FTTX are provided to Owner upon completion of construction for each segment
- Supports owner meetings as necessary
- Performs other duties as required
- 5+ years of related work experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline
- PMP certification an asset
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial/supervisory role
- Ability to plan and manage to a project schedule
- Understanding of construction documents and the ability to ensure that they are complete, protect the Owner's interest, clearly define expectations and provide incentive to perform
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets
- Understanding ofmethods of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, Owners and consultants
- Capacity to understand and interpret stakeholder needs and identify solutions to non-routine tasks or queries
- Ability to adapt information and communication style to the audience
- Skilled at promoting teamwork to establish consensus among team and stakeholders
- Capable of identifying key issues and patterns in moderately complex situations and spotting new, less obvious solutions
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
- Travel to various project locations and offices is required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security