Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an experienced Bridge Foreman or Sub Foreman with experience in the highway maintenance industry. You will be looking after a crew working on various projects throughout Alberta.
Join the Ledcor Highways team in Northern Alberta.Responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to manage resources, equipment, and labour in order to forecast work planning needs and requirements
- Supervise bridge crew in a bridge maintenance environment to include setting form work, pouring concrete, etc.
- Inspects equipment regularly and ensures preventative maintenance schedules are followed
- Ensures the safety of the crew, equipment, and environment
- Ensures that work is completed during scheduled hours
- Engages and participates in Ledcor safety policies and procedures
- Complete maintenance records and documentation as required
- Leads safety and toolbox meetings
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in Highway Bridge Maintenance, including the operation of, skidsteers, loaders, and traffic control management
- Must have experience in managing a crew of bridge carpenters, equipment operators and labourers in a heavy highway/bridge maintenance environment
- Must be able to read blue prints, and possess hands-on knowledge of every aspect of bridge construction
- Must be able to oversee and manage completion of work order in accordance with the specified terms and conditions
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
- Must be able to provide a valid driver's abstract; must possess a Class 3 license
- RSTS (Roadbuilders Safety Training System) certification TDG
- Able to incorporate health and safety concepts into work activities
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision
- Applicants that reside in or are willing to relocate to Red Deer, AB will be given preference due to the nature of the work
- Candidates must be flexible regarding their shift schedule
- LOA provided
- Benefits provided by CLAC
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
Ledcor Civil builds and maintains infrastructure in various industries including oil and gas, transportation, and mining. We're experts in public and private infrastructure construction and maintenance - from national highways to bridges, from airports to underground utilities and independent power projects. We also work on roads, earthworks, foundations, dams, power systems, and waterways.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!