Full Time Regular Job Summary
You, as the Senior Leader for Highways, are responsible for the strategic oversight and support of Ledcor's highways businesses.
You are drawing the map, and guiding the way for your team to achieve successful results.
You will be reporting directly to the COO, and hold collective accountability for performance of the highways businesses (currently a highway maintenance operation and a high-volume highway paving business) and the Edmonton shop/equipment maintenance and repair facility and support staff, as well as setting strategic direction and acting as the champion for this segment of Ledcor's business.
You will be accountable for supporting and promoting Ledcor's core values of safety, quality, integrity, sustainability and success, both internally and externally.
Interested in Leading our growing and successful highways team to the next phase of their evolution? Take the first step by applying to the Edmonton, AB role.Responsibilities
- Formulates and guides the implementation of long-range and short-range plans, policies and programs that align with the division's strategic plan and objectives.
- Establishes criteria to measure short- and long-term performance and regularly evaluates results against these performance standards and develops strategies to address performance issues.
- Provides leadership and direction to the businesses and operations, ensuring appropriate controls are in place in such areas as marketing, finance, legal, safety and operational plans with the objective of maximizing business and financial success.
- Directs the development and maintenance of long-range operational forecasts regarding volume, market share, financial requirements, human resource needs, and organizational plans. Monitors the projected effects of these forecasts on business unit investment, revenues and external gross profit.
- Maintains an awareness of, and exercises sound business judgment in such areas as market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and related matters. Anticipates problems and challenges and provides leadership in creating innovative solutions to achieve organizational objectives.
- Mentors, guides and coaches direct and indirect reports in order to expand their capabilities and build management depth in the organization.
- Ensures that the appropriate employee resources with required skills are available to develop and execute strategies.
- Reviews and directs the development of new market opportunities and requirements for existing and new services, bringing these for approval to senior management at the appropriate time.
- Develops an awareness for the clients' service needs, enhances client relations and engages in associations and other visible external commitments with a view to positively impacting the brand.
- 20+ years related industry experience in a senior leadership or direct management role including strong Project Management experience in the Highway, Asphalt, Infrastructure Industries.
- Ideally you come with post-secondary education in business, operations, or finance, but we will consider equivalents
- Experience in a strategic leadership role with the demonstrated ability see the big picture and successfully lead a high-performing team.
- Extensive technical knowledge of highway construction and maintenance, materials and management practices, techniques and equipment with the ability to overcome project issues and to ensure the operational success.
- Strong understanding of contract tender documents for the purpose of protecting the interest of the stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of all levels of government ministries involved in managing highway specifications, codes, and contracts.
- Strong business acumen with experience leading large-scale highway and/or infrastructure projects and operations.
- Demonstrated extensive market knowledge in roadbuilding and maintenance business trends and ability to ensure sustained gross profits and continued organizational growth and expansion.
- Ability to create, maintain and influence internal and external stakeholder relationships, including engaging the highest executive levels of organizations.
- Knowledge of managing costs and budgets, ability to plan and manage to both project schedules, operational needs, and extensive contract negotiation/management skills.
- Expertise in the area of safety within the organization and is committed to safety excellence.
- Works closely internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters, influences policymaking.
- Ability to act as a mentor and skilled arbitrator in extremely complex or political situations.
This role is based from our office in Edmonton but there will be travel to other regions, cities, government offices, vendor sites, industry meetings, and project sites.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!