Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are a Safety Coordinator who excels in partnering with front line supervisors and operations staff to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards on project sites. You are looking to diversify your experience with a company that has a strong safety culture that goes above and beyond regulatory standards to be an industry leader. You can expect to work on challenging projects with diverse and collaborative teams to meet and exceed Ledcor's safety standards.
Join our Ledcor Technical Services team in Chicago, IL today!Responsibilities
- Implements and maintains Ledcor systems and procedures including: tracking pre-qualification data; maintaining inventory of hazardous products, first aid and personal protective equipment on site; and maintaining, recording and filing confidential information, metrics and spreadsheets in databases
- Books and organizes safety training, prepares materials, and conducts Ledcor site specific health and safety orientations for new site employees
- Supports the Subcontractor Prequalification team in applying defined criteria to review subcontractors' safety programs and provide ongoing assistance to subcontractors
- Provides assistance and acts as a resource to project site and management personnel in conducting and maintaining written records of work-site health, safety, and environmental protection inspections, daily toolbox safety meetings, weekly tailgate meeting, Field Level Hazard Assessments, and other tools and processes within the LTS HS&E Program
- Performs regular worksite inspections and supports audits as required to verify the effective implementation of the Project Specific Safety Program
- Provides on-going coaching and support to the project team on the continuous improvement of incident prevention process execution
- Supports the project team to identify appropriate corrective actions to be taken when unsafe acts are identified during an inspection process; assists in resolving any issues of non-compliance; and provides education to supervisors, sub-contractors, and project site personnel in matters of health, safety, and environmental protection
- Supports the project team with the effective implementation of subcontractor management controls
- Takes action to support project personnel in achieving and continuously improving on Ledcor leading indicator requirements
- Administers first aid services to all personnel on the work-site as necessary
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of health & safety experience or combination of health & safety and trades experience; telecommunications construction experience is preferred but not required
- Standard first aidor advanced first aid is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of state and federal OSHA requirements including 29 CFR 1910.268, and prior experience in fall protection
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts in verbal, written and electronic form
- Strong computer background including experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to identify issues, generate solutions and make sound decisions using standard procedures
- Proven skills in probing and listening carefully, presenting information clearly in an appropriate style, and persuading others in straightforward situations
- Demonstrated willingness to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experiences and ideas
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Ledcor business matters
- Must maintain a state driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
*LTSFOPS* Date Posted
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security