Full Time Regular Job Summary
You are an established Commercial Management Professional with 10+ years of experience in construction and advanced knowledge of Contracts, especially as they pertain to large Design Build projects. You are looking for an opportunity to join a talented team, within a reputable organization, and employ your skills to make a meaningful impact within the field of Telecommunications. As the Commercial Manager with Ledcor Technical Services, you will provide leadership and guidance to the commercial team regarding the establishment of systems and policies that are critical to the success of the project in meeting its goals and objectives. You will be accountable for the project controls functions (including cost analysis and management, scheduling & field project controls) of a large OSP fiber construction project.
Join the Ledcor Technical Services team in Elmhurst, IL today! Responsibilities
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Promotes overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Oversees contract administration to ensure compliance changes are executed as per the contract requirements and that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversees the development and implementation of project plans and ensures that the project is built according to approved plans, Prime Contract requirements, specifications, design and shop drawings, and applicable codes while maintaining high quality and safety standards.
- Leads the pre-construction and pre-job planning processes as per Ledcor procedures to ensure proper start-up of the project and to set the tone for the project moving forward.
- Provides guidance to the commercial team on Ledcor policies and procedures; while maintaining a focus within the team on Ledcor's core values.
- Responsible for assisting in the management of the contract interface with the client. Produces progress estimates and reports for submittal to, and management of, change with the client.
- Maintains strong relationships with clients/consultants to ensure client needs are met and ensure future business opportunities.
- Accountable for the performance of the total project budget and the development and implementation of a detailed control budget and schedules for the project work.
- Oversees and assesses performance against the control budget, baseline schedule, and project plans.
- Oversees and facilitates development of document control procedures.
- Provides projections of future performance and report to the senior management team and the client when necessary.
- Mediates and resolves conflicts that may arise to align the project team with the project goals and objectives.
- Leads strategic planning meetings with project management to optimize project goals, schedule and budget.
- Oversees project planning and ensures that plans meet project goals while maintaining contractual requirements, standards, and specifications.
- Assumes a leadership role; provides guidance and mentorship to project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth which includes providing timely, constructive feedback on a regular basis.
- Leads Project Training initiatives and maintains Project Training Matrix.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of related work experience, or a combination of relevant education and experience, with experience in a direct management role and a demonstrated ability to successfully lead a high-performing team and build solid long-term relationships with external clients and consultants.
- Completed post-secondary education in Engineering, Construction Management, or an engineering related discipline.
- Experience relevant to large Design Build projects.
- Strong understanding of construction costs, budgets, and schedules.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Strong technical knowledge of modern construction budgets, practices, documents, drawings, schedules, projections, and reports.
- Strong negotiation/management skills.
- Capable of anticipating constructability issues in complex situations and creating new solutions to meet the construction plan and schedule.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders and anticipate stakeholder needs.
- Ability to coach and develop team members through constructive feedback and providing opportunities for development.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects/priorities.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills in extremely complex or political situations.
- Proficient with MS Office and Scheduling software.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements.
- Office based position
- Travel to various sites/locations as required
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
Ledcor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other legally protected status. All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.Date Posted