Full Time Regular Job Summary
Are you a Pipeline professional with years of working in the field and in the office?
Do you have significant experience leading the bid process for projects in the hundreds of millions of dollars and beyond?
You, as the Estimating Manager - Pipeline, assume a leadership role within the branch by providing oversight and guidance to all estimating team members.
You will be applying extensive pipeline construction bid/estimating knowledge, the Manager, Estimating - Pipelines manages the estimating activities involved in preparing conceptual budgets, detailed estimates, cost studies, and competitive bids while driving the strategic and day to day business leadership of estimating initiatives within the branch.
If this sounds like you, we would love you to apply today to this role based in Edmonton, AB.Responsibilities
- Work closely with branch management to define, implement and monitor department resources, procedures, guidelines and best practices in alignment with the branch strategic business plan
- Oversee estimating and budget management for all projects, provides clear direction to estimating team members, and distributes workload to capitalize on individual and group strengths while ensuring balanced exposure to work experience and development opportunities
- Develop an estimating strategy for complex bid submissions by utilizing strong external relationships with industry contacts, trades, suppliers, clients and consultants
- Collaborate and works closely with business development and preconstruction teams to identify, qualify and secure new projects
- Supervise the solicitation of trades and suppliers regarding bid invitations, pricing, addenda, and tender/bid closings
- Oversee the quantity take-offs for all areas of the estimate while ensuring the take-off is well notated for hand-over to the project team; includes safety and security requirements required by Ledcor policies and applicable legislation
- Mentor, guide and coach direct reports using established Ledcor Human Resources practices including: performance management (PMP) reviews, Development Plans, technical training and one on one meetings
- Analyze plans, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to assist estimating teams in preparation of bid estimates for projects
- Perform or supervise the preparation of complete estimates on selected projects, consisting of: project site visits, quantity take-offs, pricing, and the presentation of the estimate for management and client review
- Evaluate and present or support the presentation of estimate proposals
- Manage all aspects of budgeting and bidding
- Prepare conceptual estimates by interpreting historical data
- Explore future opportunities pursuant to the business plan; manages bids and leads the estimating team in all estimating opportunities
- Prepare for and attends major trade pre-award meetings as required
- Completion of post secondary education with a diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education
- 10+ years of related pipeline construction project management and bidding/estimating experience including a variety of complex projects
- Acts as a facilitator, mentor, team leader, or key technical contributor for complex or interdependent projects; conducts performance management meetings for direct reports
- Has developed technical knowledge of modern construction practices, techniques and equipment.
- Applies knowledge and skills through the handling of complex problems; shares expertise with the estimating team
- Understanding of construction documents; ability to assesses the completeness of documents
- Knowledge of construction costs and budgets, develops project schedule; ability to assess estimates for potential risk
- Strong computer background including experience with Primerva P6, MS Office, and related estimating software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, deadlines and locations
- Interacts internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of critical matters, influences policy making
- Coordinates resources from multiple business units and locations
- Anticipates problems and challenges; proposes innovative solutions and ensures solutions are consistent with organizational objectives
- Creates formal networks with key decision makers internally and influential players in the estimating discipline externally
- Strategically influences the business for both internal and external outcomes; makes presentations at the senior management and client level
- Understanding of Ledcor's strategic position and outlook in order to translates that into an estimate selection
This role will act 50% as a team leader and 50% as an Estimating Leadfor projects in excess of $500M in scope
This role operates on business hours of 7:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, but due to the nature of project work may need additional hours periodically. This is an office oriented position, however you must be willing to attend project site visits, tender meetings and other business related events.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Date Posted